Want smooth, supple, wrinkle-free beautiful skin?
Scientific skin care, lotions and potions…they’re all great, but have you ever heard the phrase “beauty comes from within”? Eat super foods for healthy skin and you’ll look younger and feel better.
Incorporating these eight super food secrets into your diet will help erase lines, keep your complexion glowing and give you beautiful skin.
1. Egg Whites for protein to produce collagen. Egg whites have long been known as an immunity booster. Recent studies show that egg whites are a great source of zinc, an essential mineral that keeps the skin young, firm and vital. If you’re zinc deficient, all the skin care applications in the world won’t cover basic healthy, youthful skin.
2. Pomegranate to soften your skin. A glass of natural, pure pomegranate juice is great, but try to have at least a cup of pomegranate seeds – not just the juice. This fruit is packed with Vitamin C. The juice in pomegranate seeds contains both ellagic acid and punic alagin. The first is a compound that fights damage from free radicals. The second is a super nutrient that increases your body’s ability to preserve collagen, the connective tissue that makes your skin look younger, smoother and soft.
3. Olive Oil for a healthy glow. Have at least one tablespoon a day. Olive Oil has “good fat.” It contains heart healthy omega-3’s, which improve your circulation, leaving skin rosy and supple.
4. Watermelon for a dewy complexion. Eat as much as you like of this healthy, sweet fruit. Watermelon contains lots of Vitamin C, Potassium and Lycopene. These ultimate antioxidants help to regulate the balance of water and nutrients in cells. Hydration is the secret to vibrant, healthy, youthful looking skin and super food secrets for healthy skin is the key.
5. Blueberries to smooth fine lines. Blueberries are truly a super food. They contain more fiber and antioxidants than any other food. Enjoy eating at least one half cup of berries and give your skin the benefit of protection from skin damaging free radicals that come from over-exercising, emotional stress and too much sun exposure. Blueberries prevent cell-structure damage that can lead to fine lines, wrinkles and loss of skin firmness.
6. Green Tea to diminish brown spots. Drink at least one to two cups per day. Not only is this healthy brew great for your diet and boosting your metabolism, it contains “catechins,” an effective compound for preventing premature aging and effects of sun damage. Green Tea is rich in antioxidants that fight off free radical damage and may reverse the effects of aging.
7. Cold-Water Fish to reduce redness. Eat six, 6 oz. portions of Salmon, Sardines or Mackerel per week. Cold-Water Fish naturally contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids which strengthen skin-cell membranes, which helps to hydrate the skin. Adding supplements to your diet will also help with inflammation such as Eczema, Rosacea and Psoriasis.
8. Spinach & Kale for skin firming. Eat your green veggies daily! These two Super Foods contain vital Phytonutrients also referred to as antioxidant compounds that help guard against damage from the sun. Try to have at least three cups per week of spinach or kale. These two leafy greens are loaded with beta-carotene and lutein. These two important nutrients are noted to improve skin elasticity and firmness. Also, adding Spirulina supplements to your diet is a great way to get in your nutrients if you aren’t eating enough of your green, leafy vegetables.
In summary, beautiful skin starts on the inside. First and foremost, drink water, drink water, drink water, green tea, or even black tea, in place of coffee. Then, try these super food secrets for healthy skin. They are sure to help you look and feel your best!